|Processor||Processor Number||Core Clock||Price 1k unit|
|Intel Core Duo Processor||T2600||Dual 2.16 GHz||$637|
|Intel Core Duo Processor||T2500||Dual 2.00 GHz||$423|
|Intel Core Duo Processor||T2400||Dual 1.83 GHz||$294|
|Intel Core Duo Processor||T2300||Dual 1.66 GHz||$241|
|Intel Core Solo Processor||T1300||Single 1.66 GHz||$209|
|Intel Core Duo Processor LV||L2400||Dual 1.66 GHz||$316|
|Intel Core Duo Processor LV||L2300||Dual 1.5 GHz||$284|
Intel is starting with the introduction of seven new CPU models. The Core Solo Processor T1300 in this current line-up represents Intel's only single-core Yonah processor. On the die, however, the Core Solo T1300 includes two independent processing units (cores), one of which Intel turns off during the chip validation process.
What Intel has now that it never had before is a dual core ultra low voltage processor, intended specifically for use in ultra portable notebooks. This is an area where recent experience makes us believe a performance boost could be especially beneficial. That's because ultra portable notebooks and Tablet PCs bog down too often by virtue of the weak processor performance our testing has revealed, which makes them into what can only be described as slick but expensive portable typewriters. The two low voltage models, L2400 and L2300, presumably aim directly at the ultra light mobile PC market. With maximum power consumption that's probably somewhat over 10 W, they must be actively cooled under all circumstances. Of course, this requires more energy still, and also has an impact on their overall noise level.
- Is Faster Notebook Performance Worth Shorter Battery Life?
- Yonah: Pentium M Successor With Two Cores
- ..., Faster Front Side Bus (FSB),
- ...and Other Important Enhancements
- Dynamic Power Coordination
- Dynamic Power Coordination, Continued
- Digital Media Boost
- I've Got A Core Duo Processor LV L2400. What Have You Got?
- Models And Pricing For Core Duo And Core Solo CPUs
- Overview Of All Centrino Generations
- New Chipsets And Two Different Southbridges
- Test System Configuration Details And Comparison Systems
- Benchmarks And Settings
- Extended Benchmark Suite
- ABBYY FineReader 8
- Application Test Results
- Windows Media Encoder 9
- Results From The Multitasking Scenarios
- Office Applications: SYSmark 2004 SE
- SYSmark 2004 SE, Continued
- Battery Life: MobileMark 2005
- MobileMark 2005, Continued
- Energy Drain: Graphics Chip Or Chipset?
- Summary And Conclusions
- Summary And Conclusions, Continued