The Lame MP3 encoder still is popularly used to convert CD audio (.wav) into MP3, especially with sophisticated settings. The tool delivers much quicker processing times given quicker clock speeds.
DivX is a popular video codec for .avi container files. Transcoding an MPEG-2 SD video file into DivX 6 format is faster with the overclocked settings, but the difference is not as significant as it'd be with a quad-core processor.
Results are similar on XviD. It benefits from higher clock speeds, but don’t expect serious performance boosts.
And a last set of similar results, this time on MainConcept’s video encoder. It takes HD MPEG-2 video and creates an H.264 file.
- What’s The Perfect Clock Speed For Intel’s New Dual-Cores?
- Clarkdale And Turbo Boost
- Overclocking BCLK To 140 And 148 MHz
- Overclocking BCLK To 156 And 160 MHz
- Voltage Table And Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Application Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: Power Efficiency