Battlefield 3's intense graphics workload strongly favors our former system’s SLI graphics array. And yet, Nvidia's fans might have expected an even bigger advantage for its pair of overclocked GTX 580s, given their price premium. We see a maximum performance difference of around 50%.
DiRT 3 is also blown away by the previous build’s dual-GPU array. Could this be bad news for the final analysis of value this time around?
- Au Contraire: More CPU, Less GPU
- CPU, CPU Cooler, And Memory
- Motherboard, Graphics, And Power
- SSD, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Case And Case Cooling
- Hardware Installation
- Overclocking A Truly Overclockable Platform
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 And DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: Skyrim And StarCraft II
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Does The CPU Gamble Pay Off?