Page 1:Power And Efficiency: Atom Versus Core i3
Page 2:The Predecessor: Atom 230 And ECS 945GCT-D
Page 3:Today: Atom D510 And Intel D510MO
Page 4:The Challenger: Core i3-530
Page 5:Zotac H55-ITX WiFi
Page 6:Processor Comparison Table
Page 7:Test Setup
Page 8:Benchmark Results: Applications
Page 9:Benchmark Results: Archiving
Page 10:Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
Page 11:Benchmark Results: Power Consumption
Page 12:Benchmark Results: Efficiency In Single-Threaded Applications
Page 13:Benchmark Results: Efficiency In Threaded Applications
Page 14:Benchmark Results: Overall Efficiency
Zotac H55-ITX WiFi
Lastly, we’d like to mention the H55 motherboard we used to run the Core i3-530. We wanted a solution that was as similar as possible to the Atom 230 and D510 boards, so Zotac's mini-ITX product, the H55-ITX WiFi, made great sense. This board starts at $150, making the combination with a $115 Core i3-530 rather expensive compared with Atom, but you get a lot in return.
This motherboard offers DVI and HDMI outputs, together with ten USB 2.0 ports. You'll find gigabit Ethernet and even eSATA. There's an optical S/PDIF output, as ports for two WiFi antennas (the required Mini Card module is included).
One x16 PCI Express slot is available for any type of PCIe add-on card, including graphics. Two DIMM sockets accommodate DDR3 modules of up to 8GB. Four phases on the voltage regulator deliver sufficient power for even a Core i7-800-series quad-core CPU. This board even has six SATA 3Gb/s ports, while most mini-ITX solutions offer only two. In short, this is a fully featured desktop solution in a minimum size footprint.
The Mini Card module for PCI Express is included with the H55-ITX WiFi.
- Power And Efficiency: Atom Versus Core i3
- The Predecessor: Atom 230 And ECS 945GCT-D
- Today: Atom D510 And Intel D510MO
- The Challenger: Core i3-530
- Zotac H55-ITX WiFi
- Processor Comparison Table
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Archiving
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: Efficiency In Single-Threaded Applications
- Benchmark Results: Efficiency In Threaded Applications
- Benchmark Results: Overall Efficiency