3D Studio Max shows no performance gain for faster memory or tighter timings, again appearing to be dependant only on raw processor power.
Memory-only benchmarks might be the only place any of us ever see a noticeable performance improvement from minor changes in latency, and PC Mark 2005 puts Super Talent's excellent DDR3-1600 minimum timings on top. On the other hand, Mushkin's second-place finish has no relevance to its sixth-place DDR3-1600 timings.
- The New Mainstream Standard?
- Tomorrow's Bandwidth...Today!
- Speed Vs. Latency: Myths And Facts
- 10 Kits For Your Consideration
- Kingston ValueRAM PC3-10600
- Kingston HyperX PC3-11000
- Mushkin Enhanced EM3-10666
- OCZ PC3-10666 Platinum Edition
- OCZ PC3-10666 ReaperX HPC Enhanced Bandwidth
- PDP Patriot Extreme Performance PC3-10666 Low Latency
- Super Talent PC3-10600 CL8
- Wintec AMPX PC3-10600
- SPD Timing Comparison
- Test Settings: Overclocking Comparison
- Overclocking Results
- Overclocking Results, Continued
- Boot Straps, I.e., Intel's "Wrench In The Works"
- Test Settings: Lowest Stable Latencies
- Test Settings: Lowest Stable Latencies, Continued
- Lowest Latency Test Results
- Lowest Latency Benchmark Results
- Audio Conversion
- Synthetics, Continued