Calibrating a monitor can be thought of as benchmarking under controlled settings. It isn't very meaningful to compare the out-of-box performance of one monitor to another. If you want to know what a monitor is capable of, you need to normalize settings in the same way you benchmark two graphics cards.
Once calibrated, Samsung's PX2370 starts to show its strength. With a much darker black, it starts to finally generate a respectable contrast ratio near 1500:1. Dell's 23" gives us a bit of a surprise, as it outshines Samsung's premium LCD.
- 23" LED LCD Roundup: Dell, HP, And Samsung
- Dell SR2320L
- HP 2311x
- Samsung PX2370
- Size Profile
- Our Benchmarking Approach
- Out-Of-Box Performance: Brightness And Contrast Ratio
- Out-Of-Box Performance: Color Accuracy And Gamut
- Out-Of-Box Performance: Maximum And Minimum Brightness
- Calibrated Performance: Brightness And Contrast Ratio
- Calibrated Performance: Color Accuracy And Gamut
- Black And White Uniformity, Viewing Angles
- Power Consumption
- Final Words