AMD's Radeon HD 7970M already established its dominance in Battlefield 3 using Clevo's bundled driver, so we were surprised to find that this title was also affected by the Enduro bug. Catalyst 12.11 Beta 3 uncorks what initially appeared to be a platform bottleneck, but turned out to be a lack of data making its way to the Pitcairn GPU. Low-resolution performance enjoys the largest speed-up, though there's even a quantifiable gain at 1920x1080 all the way up through Ultra quality detail.
New drivers help the Radeon HD 7970M at our lower Metro 2033 settings, but slow the game slightly at our more taxing profile.
- Portable Gaming On A 17.3" Screen
- Getting To Know The x17
- Inside Digital Storm's x17
- Hardware And Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3 And F1 2012 Problems
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Skyrim And StarCraft II
- Benchmark Results: Audio and Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power Consumption, Battery Life, And Efficiency
- Does A Fixed Radeon HD 7970M Help Digital Storm?