Company of Heroes is set during the WWII. Patch v1.70 adds DirectX 10 support. With the patch installed, the game's Options menu lets you set four image quality settings to Ultra. This game is especially interesting because it comes bundled with a large number of graphics cards.
For this test we used the built-in benchmark feature, which consists of a cut scene showing German anti-aircraft positions at night, an American paratroopers sneaking stealthily through a swamp. The benchmark automatically displays a result when it finishes.
Company of Heroes is very sensitive to memory size. On the Geforce GTS, this leads to a performance drop-off starting at 1280x1024. ATI's Radeon 2900 XT has no such problem and offers much better performance at higher resolutions. Meanwhile, the smaller graphics chips are overburdened with the Ultra settings. The benchmark runs very smoothly up into the highest resolutions on the Geforce 8800 GTX and Ultra, though.
- The Graphics Chips Compared
- Benchmarks - Bioshock Test 1
- Benchmarks - Bioshock Test 2
- Benchmarks - Company Of Heroes V1.70
- Benchmarks - Lost Planet
- Benchmarks - World In Conflict Test 1
- Benchmarks - World In Conflict Test 2
- Cumulative Frame Rate, Pricing And Performance For The Money