Data rate control (RC) is a function that is already familiar from DivX 4. Now reworked, it is being sold once again. In the lower part of the screen shot, a converter tool is visible that will convert DivX AVI files into DivX MP4s. We were not able to find out how relevant this is to actual practice.
For Managers: Storing Profiles
All parameters that have been set can be stored as a profile. This allows a preset series of settings to be stored and called up for different applications.
- DivX Codec: Bidirectional Encoding & Co
- Global Motion Compensation (GMC)
- Flow Heater: 1-pass And 2-pass
- Tools For Analog Material: Pre-processing And Source Interlace
- Advanced Parameters: Something New From Something Old
- A Player That Sheds Its Skin
- Revolt: How About "Popping"?
- Test Configuration
- Benchmarks: Athlon Ahead Again?
- Effect Of Settings On Performance
- Impact Of Settings On Output File Size
- Quo Vadis, DivX?