Frequency response : You have to work at 96 kHz to cover the audio spectrum up to 20 kHz without any noticeable attenuation. You can get up to around 40 kHz to -0.5 dB, which is very satisfactory.
Noise level : No problem, the sound remains as low on the audio track but is slightly louder on the higher frequencies so the figures are not so good.
Motional capacitance : With the weighting, the result improves in relation to other frequencies because the noise on the audio track is quieter.
Distortion : The result for actual distortion (minus noise) is very good. The two predominant harmonics (H2 and H3) were rejected at over 100 dB and others at more than 120 dB...
Intermodulation : The result remains perfectly satisfactory, as in slightly lower sampling frequencies.
Diaphony : Using diaphonics that are higher than 90 dB, the Platinum ZS remains true to its predecessors, which were excellent in this respect.
- Creative Audigy 2 ZS: Just The Card
- Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro: External Sound
- Software Better Organized!
- Software Better Organized!, Continued
- From Dolby Digital To DTS ES: What Surround Sound?
- How About On Our Card?
- THX, A Quality Standard
- A Familiar Tune But An Improved Melody
- Test Configuration And Audio Measurement
- Performance At 48 KHz
- Performance At 24 Bits/96 KHz
- 3D Sound And Games
- 3D Sound And Games, Continued
- Software And Configuration Package