Due to the wider resolution, the graphics card has to render a larger area, resulting in reduced performance. Below are the performance figures we recorded during our tests. For our benchmarks, we used the benchmark mode implemented in X2 in combination with a space flight sequence we recorded ourselves. Two additional views were active on the second screen.
As the results show, the wider resolution costs quite a bit of performance.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 - A Century Of Flight
Microsoft's Flight Simulator series has supported multi-monitor configurations for some time now. FS9 offers both SurroundGaming (NVIDIA, Matrox) modes as well as Dual-View configurations (ATi, NVIDIA, Matrox). We will deal with each of them in turn.
- Dual-Display Modes
- Dual-Display Hardware - Taking Stock
- Connection Options / Connectivity
- X2 - The Threat
- Instructions For NVIDIA Cards
- Instructions For NVIDIA Cards, Continued
- FS9 - SurroundGaming (NVIDIA, Matrox)
- FS9 - Dual-View Configurations (ATI, NVIDIA, Matrox)
- FS9 - Dual-View Configurations (ATI, NVIDIA, Matrox), Continued
- Problem: Image Corruption Due To Overheating!?