Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in

Inside The Genesis 9000

Best Of The Best, Part 1: Who Makes The Most Elite PC Case?
By

Because larger side panels have more flex, and because a builder’s hands don’t magically grow larger in response the size of a task (Ed.: Unless you're Inspector Gadget), sliding tabs along the top and bottom edge don't make assembling a full-tower system any easier. Knowing this, Azza removed those latches and firmed up the sides with boxed edges up top and on the bottom. Now, you only need to hook the front edge before closing the system. And the lack of extra slide tabs also simplifies removing the panel.

Nine 5.25” bays sit above a front-panel power supply mount that utilizes the screwed-on lower cover and power cord socket mentioned on the previous page. Behind the front-mounted power supply bay, two bottom-mounted 140 mm intake fans are covered with snap-away plastic guards.

Two of the Genesis 9000’s drive bays are fitted with backplane connectors, which work with any of the five adapter trays.

Two 230 mm fans exhaust heat from the top of Azza’s Genesis 9000.

The Genesis 9000 has plenty of space behind the motherboard tray for cables, and the best part might be that the tray is invertible.

Builders who want their CPU above the graphics card can also swap side panels to put the window on the left side, rather than the factory-configured right-facing orientation.

Ask a Category Expert

Create a new thread in the Reviews comments forum about this subject

Example: Notebook, Android, SSD hard drive

Display all 117 comments.
This thread is closed for comments
  • 4 Hide
    blackmagnum , May 20, 2014 11:29 PM
    Does elite mean most unattainable purchase prices?
  • 3 Hide
    Crashman , May 20, 2014 11:38 PM
    Quote:
    Does elite mean most unattainable purchase prices?
    We would have been happy if In Win could deliver that case for under $300. Unfortunately, I think the company budgets $300 of its $800 MSRP just for replacement glass and glass shipping.

  • -2 Hide
    AndrewJacksonZA , May 20, 2014 11:41 PM
    Oh please! What rubbish is this?!?! One can't abuse the word "elite" when talking about a case! It depends on the individual and each individual's needs and, perhaps most importantly, aesthetic taste!

    **go to heat and noise page and then the last page from the first page**
    I really don't have the inclination to read each - and - every - page in this article based on a piece of rubbish idea. Really Tom's, what on earth possessed you to do thi...**sees the picture of the In Win Tou**

    Hmmm...

    **reads to the In Win Tou pages**

    Wow. Ok, that case is quite the looker. Gee, that construction kinda justifies the stratospheric pricing. What a beautiful case! With some nice watercooling this case will be quiet AND cool AND cool-looking! I agree with you that this is the most elite, erm, showboat-iest case of these four!

    Thanks for making your readers aware of products that they would've otherwise missed Tom's! :-)
  • 0 Hide
    samesdf , May 21, 2014 12:11 AM
    Did Rosewill copy from CM 690 II Advance or the other way around?
  • 0 Hide
    Shunrei , May 21, 2014 12:24 AM
    Will wait for something from NZXT might miss something..
  • 5 Hide
    Crashman , May 21, 2014 12:59 AM
    Quote:
    Oh please! What rubbish is this?!?! One can't abuse the word "elite" when talking about a case! It depends on the individual and each individual's needs and, perhaps most importantly, aesthetic taste!

    **go to heat and noise page and then the last page from the first page**
    I really don't have the inclination to read each - and - every - page in this article based on a piece of rubbish idea. Really Tom's, what on earth possessed you to do thi...**sees the picture of the In Win Tou**

    Hmmm...

    **reads to the In Win Tou pages**

    Wow. Ok, that case is quite the looker. Gee, that construction kinda justifies the stratospheric pricing. What a beautiful case! With some nice watercooling this case will be quiet AND cool AND cool-looking! I agree with you that this is the most elite, erm, showboat-iest case of these four!

    Thanks for making your readers aware of products that they would've otherwise missed Tom's! :-)
    The article was actually conceived as a showcase for two different cases, one of which didn't show up and the other arrived late enough to be reserved for Part 2 of this 2-part series :) 
    Quote:
    Did Rosewill copy from CM 690 II Advance or the other way around?
    Rosewill buys its cases...I'm not even certain it has a mechanical designer. Most other case brands design a case based on an existing case, so there's always the possibility of two different products coming from the same supplier and sharing some stampings.
  • 2 Hide
    Mac266 , May 21, 2014 1:07 AM
    Sees cases. (Yeah, not to bad) Sees pricing. Sees Win Tou pricing. Picks jaw up off ground.
  • 1 Hide
    weavermsi , May 21, 2014 1:28 AM
    Dear lord that In Win thing is an abominable turd. The only case here with any pedigree is the Silverstone, and that's easily the ugliest object they've produced. Please, NZXT and Corsair, put us out of our misery.
  • 0 Hide
    Memnarchon , May 21, 2014 1:53 AM
    Since we are talking for the best of the best,... Where is the Silverstone's TJ11?
  • 1 Hide
    Crashman , May 21, 2014 1:59 AM
    Quote:
    Since we are talking for the best of the best,... Where is the Silverstone's TJ11?
    Great question, since they sent a cheaper model! It was probably neglected due to age.

  • 0 Hide
    mamasan2000 , May 21, 2014 2:08 AM
    The most elite is one which you cant find commercially available.

    http://www.forbes.com/pictures/fkim45flf/1-dark-blade-2/

    20 of the most elite
  • -1 Hide
    4Ryan6 , May 21, 2014 2:21 AM
    Since many are going to water cooling that needs to be addressed in the build possibilities of these cases and not just the CLC capabilities they all can handle, but complete kits of today as well.

    What size radiators can be fit into these cases?

    With all due respect, there's a whole lot more regarding a case review, than has been covered.

  • 2 Hide
    Redspeed93 , May 21, 2014 4:00 AM
    I would argue the Phanteks Enthoo Primo needs a top spot. Darn good case!
  • 2 Hide
    AndrewJacksonZA , May 21, 2014 4:44 AM
    While we're throwing out suggestions, I vote for the Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 and Deep Silence 6 cases: Understated elegance with cool and very quiet performance.

    However, they have almost zero bling, so I guess they might not fit this series. For me though, they're the cases I want to own right now. I don't do much showing off of my computers.
  • 1 Hide
    ubercake , May 21, 2014 4:45 AM
    I like how the In Win case looks, but I could never forgive myself for spending that much money on a case. Now a couple of video cards?... Heck yeah! But a case? No.

    The NZXT Phantom 630 (aside from some of the angles), in my opinion, is the most practical case I've had the pleasure of working with to this point. The innards and internal case design just make sense.

    'Elite' definitely doesn't mean practical.
  • 0 Hide
    velocityg4 , May 21, 2014 4:53 AM
    It seems to me all these case have an inefficient design for airflow. They need to be designed with open air flow from the front to the back. So that you get a solid wall of air moving across. Which is why I modded a PowerMac G5 case for ATX components.
  • 0 Hide
    Reynod , May 21, 2014 4:59 AM
    crash nice work mate ... as always.

    A bit of advice ... don't feed the trolls !!

    Don't bother responding to the idiots with the stupid questions, and if they follow up with more tripe then let the mods clean up for you.

    You will get all worked up and then we have to come around with a bottle of Jacks and sedate you ...

    :) 
  • 0 Hide
    Crashman , May 21, 2014 5:01 AM
    Quote:
    crash nice work mate ... as always.

    A bit of advice ... don't feed the trolls !!

    Don't bother responding to the idiots with the stupid questions, and if they follow up with more tripe then let the mods clean up for you.

    You will get all worked up and then we have to come around with a bottle of Jacks and sedate you ...


    :) 
    So it's a go then? :p 

    I used to mine in the Elitist Jerks pool, until I figured out that I was too good for them...
  • 0 Hide
    Reynod , May 21, 2014 5:18 AM
    :) 

    I was scratching my head over what to call the front fan on the Win case as well ... almost like it was an afterthought.

    Can't wait to see part II.

    Back in the day the V1000 ... V6000 Thermaltake cases were pretty good ... huge great honking things. The 1000's were steel ... mine could have taken a 7.62 round and kept going. Reminded me of my Combi Van ... had fans everywhere. Heavy. I took to it with a bosche nibbler and improved it no end in terms of airflow.
  • 9 Hide
    4Ryan6 , May 21, 2014 6:22 AM
    Crashman, Did you send any invitations to CaseLabs or Mountain Mods as these are the Best of the Best cases money can buy?

    I was wondering if they refused to participate?
Display more comments