Supermicro relies solely on Intel's XTU (Extreme Tuning Utility) for overclocking within Windows, and includes the standard version on its driver and application disc.
Coming from the server and workstation world, the company's own software looks like it was lifted from a professional management suite. SuperDoctor III client monitors the important input voltage levels and several thermal diodes, but does not monitor the CPU’s internal core voltage.
SuperDoctor III also includes remote management, but I wasn’t able to get past the VeriSign security warning in Windows 8. The “Yes, No, Always” buttons weren’t clickable, and the tab key only switched between the warning pop-up and actual Web page.
- Maximizing The LGA 1150 Mainstream?
- ASRock Z97 Extreme6
- Z97 Extreme6 Software
- Z97 Extreme6 Firmware
- Asus Z97 Pro(Wi-Fi ac)
- Z97 Pro(Wi-Fi ac) Software
- Z97 Pro(Wi-Fi ac) Firmware
- Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
- Z97X-UD5H Software
- Z97X-UD5H Firmware
- MSI Z97 MPower
- Z97 MPower Software
- Z97 MPower Firmware
- Supermicro C7Z97-OCE
- C7Z97-OCE Software
- C7Z97-OCE Firmware
- How We Tested Enthusiast-Oriented Z97 Motherboards
- Results: 3DMark and PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra 2014
- Results: 3D Games
- Results: Audio and Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Results: Power, Heat and Efficiency
- Results: Overclocking
- Which Z97 Motherboard Is Best?