With the latest version of 3DMark now available, 3DMark 11 and Vantage are showing their age more than ever. However, they still offer unique insights into system performance, allowing us to make comparisons to older hardware you might still own.
The pair of GeForce GTX 680Ms in SLI is much faster than Nvidia’s current flagship mobile graphics processor. Improvements to the GeForce GTX 780M are evident, though. Performance is up roughly 25% compared to the single 680M in Alienware's machine.
Looking at Physics performance, the desktop processor in Eurocom's Panther 5D is 20% faster than both mobile CPUs. Intel's newer -4930MX comes out ahead of the -3940XM, but the difference is only around 7%.
As expected, Eurocom's Panther 5D registers the highest CPU score. But the difference between two GeForce GTX 680Ms in SLI and one 780 is only about 16%, and that's smaller than we expected.
3DMark Vantage lowers the number of advanced rendering features, allowing the GeForce GTX 780M to pull further ahead in the GPU test compared to one 680M. An issue with the MSI Dragon Edition 2’s CPU score bottlenecks that system's overall outcome.
- Meet Eurocom's Panther 5D
- Exterior Design And Features
- Now That's Different: Power Adapters
- The Keyboard, Trackpad, And Stereoscopic Glasses
- Size Comparison: Panther 5D Vs. R17x Vs. M6700 Covet
- Size Comparison: ...To Guitars?
- Bundled Software
- Panther 5D Teardown
- Test System And Benchmark Suite
- Results: 3DMark
- Results: Real-World Productivity And Media Apps
- Results: Battlefield 3, BioShock Infinite, CoD: Black Ops II, And Crysis 3
- Results: DiRT: Showdown, Hitman: Absolution, And Sniper Elite V2
- Results: Tomb Raider, Total War: Shogun 2, And WoW: Mists Of Pandaria
- Testing For Thermal Throttling
- Battery Life and Power Draw
- Storage And Audio Performance
- Display Performance
- Display Performance, Continued
- Unparalleled Speed; Clear Compromises