While Plextor surprised us with a performance drop in dual-layer Blu-ray recording, Asus takes a hit in dual-layer DVD projects.
Again, we see that a drive is supposedly operating in CAV mode, but appears to have a CLV write pattern.
LG’s SATA interface does well, reaching the 8x limit observed in most writers for our dual-layer media, and achieving a 6.96x average.
Plextor actually reports that it’s writing in CLV mode, though it’s 6.26x average is only marginally below LG’s CAV performance.
Dual-layer DVDs demonstrate no performance changes for either LG or Plextor in the transition from primary to secondary PC interfaces.
- Are External Blu-ray Burners Cheap Enough? Are They Fast Enough?
- Asus BW-12D1S-U
- LG BE12LU30
- Plextor PX-LB950UE
- Test Hardware And Configuration
- BD-R Single-Layer Write Performance
- BD-R Dual-Layer Write Performance
- DVD-R Single-Layer Write Performance
- DVD+R Dual-Layer Write Performance
- BD-R Single-Layer Read Performance
- BD-R Dual-Layer Read Performance
- DVD-R Single-Layer Read Performance
- DVD+R Dual-Layer Read Performance
- A Big Performance Surprise!
- Picking The Best Burner