We tried the SATA version, but we assume that most of our readers will have to go with the UltraATA version, as only few people use notebooks with Serial ATA interfaces and hard drives.
You can find the Hitachi Travelstar 5K160 in our Interactive 2.5" HDD Charts. It is a quick 5,400 RPM hard drive that delivers up to 46 MB/s transfer rated. If you want a faster device, you should go for a Travelstar Upgrade Kit with a 7,200 RPM drive.
- Cool 2.5" Storage By Hitachi, Seagate, Toshiba
- Hitachi Travelstar 2.5" 2-in-1 Upgrade Kit
- Hitachi Travelstar, Continued
- Apricorn EZ Gig II Software
- Seagate FreeAgent Go 160 GB
- Seagate FreeAgent Go 160 GB, Continued
- Your Drives
- Toshiba USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive 160 GB
- NTI Shadow
- Test Setup
- Access Time