The following test candidates are also suitable for controlling 3.5" hard drive cooling fans. It doesn't matter what type of connection the disk has. With all of these devices the disks are placed into a metal bracket and cooled with the use of a heat sensor and/or small fans. Even fast disks with 10,000 or 15,000 rpm can be cooled down this way. In addition, the space that would be wasted by a fan control is used optimally. Additional plug-ins on the fan controller's front for USB, FireWire and audio connections add considerably to its value. Unfortunately, however, only one of the fan controllers tested was equipped this way.
Cooler Master Cooldrive 4: Fan Control Included
At first you think the thing is a car radio. This impression is deceiving, however. The Cooldrive 4 is a combination product consisting of the Aero Gate II and a hard drive bracket. The actual fan controller of the Aero Gate II supports four fans and four sensors. The different temperature displays and the connected fans appear in the easy-to-read, blue-lit display. With the push of a button, the display changes.
That's no car radio, its a fan control with HDD bracket.
The alarm tone is easy to hear.
The display lights up in a permanent dark blue.
Not a lot: only one fan and one temperature are displayed
Control element: uncomplex and simple to operate
A 3.5" hard drive will later be put in here
- PC Fan Noise Relief
- Akasa Fan Controller: Exchangeable Faceplates
- Cooler Master Musketeer I: An Analog Display That Takes Getting Used To
- Enermax UC-A8FATR4: Split Personality
- Innovatek Fan-O-Matic: Configuration Via Software
- Superflower Fan Master: Twin Of Akasa Fan Controller
- Silverstone Eudemon SST-FP52: Automatic Adjustment
- W-Force Super Panel: Made Only For A Single CPU Fan
- Fan Controls With Display And Hard Drive Cooling
- Jetart Xpanel DT 5000: More Racket Than Utility
- Jetart Xpanel DT 6000: Pulse Fan Control
- Antec HD Cooler: Monitored Hard Drive Cooling
- Fan Controls Without Display Or Monitoring
- Sunbeam Rheobus: Garish LED's Show Voltage Level
- Zalman ZM-MFC1: 6-fan Controller
- Test Configuration
- System Fan Measuring 12 Cm In Diameter
- CPU Fan
- Mains Adapter
- Useful Accessories
- Think Tank: Midi Tower With Integrated Fan Controller And Cell Phone Battery Charging Station
- Cooler MasterMusketeer II: Analog Display For Audio Output
- Silverstone: Silent 300-watt Mains Adapter
- Sharkoon Fan Adapter: What Doesn't Fit Will Be Made To Fit