The system start of the DT5000 is both dramatic and irritating. You can tell that the Xpanel is on not only because the display lights up, but also by the excruciating little tune from the Piezo speaker within the device. It doesn't take long for it to play through the scales, but this will really wake you up after you turn on your computer in the morning. This ridiculous function cannot be turned off, so your neighbors will be thrilled.
The XPanel is activated when the computer is turned on.
A large, user-friendly dial is used for controlling the fans, which can also switch between the three fans and sensor cable. The sensor data can be displayed either in Celsius or Fahrenheit. The Xpanel DT5000 also features ports on the front for audio, USB and Firewire; the cables included are attached to the corresponding slots on the back of the PC. Fan control is done via pulse method, in which the fans are driven by electricity pulses and do not have their voltage reduced, as is the case with most other fan controllers. This causes a constant and very unpleasant rattling sound, especially with smaller fans. The rattling can hardly be heard though with 120 mm system fans.
The Xpanel DT5000 fan control is multi-functional.
The signal tone sounds like somebody getting murdered.
The DT5000 fits into a 5.25" bay.
This large dial is for controlling all of the fans.
Several ports are built into the front
A 3.5" hard drive can be installed into the casing.
- PC Fan Noise Relief
- Akasa Fan Controller: Exchangeable Faceplates
- Cooler Master Musketeer I: An Analog Display That Takes Getting Used To
- Enermax UC-A8FATR4: Split Personality
- Innovatek Fan-O-Matic: Configuration Via Software
- Superflower Fan Master: Twin Of Akasa Fan Controller
- Silverstone Eudemon SST-FP52: Automatic Adjustment
- W-Force Super Panel: Made Only For A Single CPU Fan
- Fan Controls With Display And Hard Drive Cooling
- Jetart Xpanel DT 5000: More Racket Than Utility
- Jetart Xpanel DT 6000: Pulse Fan Control
- Antec HD Cooler: Monitored Hard Drive Cooling
- Fan Controls Without Display Or Monitoring
- Sunbeam Rheobus: Garish LED's Show Voltage Level
- Zalman ZM-MFC1: 6-fan Controller
- Test Configuration
- System Fan Measuring 12 Cm In Diameter
- CPU Fan
- Mains Adapter
- Useful Accessories
- Think Tank: Midi Tower With Integrated Fan Controller And Cell Phone Battery Charging Station
- Cooler MasterMusketeer II: Analog Display For Audio Output
- Silverstone: Silent 300-watt Mains Adapter
- Sharkoon Fan Adapter: What Doesn't Fit Will Be Made To Fit