3DMark Vantage Score per Watt and Efficiency
These results reflect the power consumption testing: the Nvidia GeForce 9400 mGPU platform required less energy (in watt-hours, not watts per hour) to complete three full 3DMark Vantage run.
Since 3D performance is much higher while the system required less power, the 3DMark score per watt-hour is significantly better on the Nvidia solution. In terms of 3D performance per watt, the G45 loses to the GeForce 9400 mGPU.
Our 3DMark power/performance diagram shows us the fastest system combinations (their lines terminate first), and it shows us the power consumption at every time during the benchmark run.
PCMark Vantage Score per Watt and Efficiency
Once 3D requirements are minimized, the power used to complete a certain workload is similar on both platforms. In this case we used PCMark Vantage.
The PCMark Vantage score per watt-hour used is similar in both cases, which means that efficiency of the G45 and the GeForce 9400 mGPU are similar in office and multimedia environments.
- Intel Or Nvidia?
- Intel G45 Express Chipset
- Intel Desktop Board DG45ID
- Nvidia GeForce 9400 mGPU
- DFI LANParty GF9400-T2RS
- Comparison Table & Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: 3D Tests
- Benchmark ResultS: Audio/Video Apps
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Video Playback, Power Consumption
- Nvidia Platforms: Turn Advance Path On!