Page 1:Samsung's Second-Generation Galaxy Tab
Page 2:Meet Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1
Page 3:TouchWiz UX: Skinning Honeycomb
Page 4:Keyboard Enhancements
Page 5:Synchronizing And USB Debugging
Page 6:GPU Performance: Tegra 2
Page 7:Display Quality: Color Gamut
Page 8:Display Quality: Black And White Uniformity
Page 9:Camera Quality
Page 10:Benchmark Results: Real-World
Page 11:Battery Life And Recharge Time
Page 12:Wireless Performance
Page 13:Is Samsung's Second-Gen Galaxy A Winner?
We've overhauled the evaluation of Wi-Fi performance. For background information, check out page 10 of Acer Iconia Tab A500: A Tablet With Honeycomb 3.1. If you're not sure how throughput, latency, processing time, and response time all tie together, we go over that on page 10 of Apple's iPad 2 Review: Tom's Goes Down The Tablet Rabbit Hole.
Two scenarios are being tested here:
- Five feet, line-of-sight: The wireless device is set five feet from the router without any obstructions.
- 20 feet, no line-of-sight: The wireless device is set 20 feet from the router and there are three drywall obstructions in our testing environment that reflect the possible degradation you might see in an indoor environment.
All devices idle for two minutes before testing in order to prevent power-saving rules in the OS from affecting wireless performance.
While the Galaxy Tab 10.1 offers great performance near an access point, most folks expect a usable experience from any distance. Fortunately, even when it's farther away and blocked with a handful of obstructions, Samsung's latest tablet isn't fazed. It performs exceptionally well, particularly in the 5.0 GHz band of 802.11n. There's nothing to worry about if you're using an older 802.11g network; throughput and response times are still excellent compared to other Android-based tablets.
- Samsung's Second-Generation Galaxy Tab
- Meet Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1
- TouchWiz UX: Skinning Honeycomb
- Keyboard Enhancements
- Synchronizing And USB Debugging
- GPU Performance: Tegra 2
- Display Quality: Color Gamut
- Display Quality: Black And White Uniformity
- Camera Quality
- Benchmark Results: Real-World
- Battery Life And Recharge Time
- Wireless Performance
- Is Samsung's Second-Gen Galaxy A Winner?