The two stock systems finish rendering in just under a minute.
While overclocking the June PC reduces this time by 10 seconds, the lower-voltage four-core overclock applied to our $400 PC laps off a more impressive 18 seconds.
As we have come to expect, forget overclocking. Reducing scan times in AVG demands additional processing cores.
The two budget builds are close in WinRAR compression. But ultimately, the $400 machine's extra core captures a slight victory.
7-Zip clearly showing benefits from both additional processing cores and core speed.
Strike up two more wins for the $400 PC in what could almost look to be a copy of the 7-Zip bar chart. Overclocking helps, but unlocking provides the larger gains by comparison.
- How Low Can You Go?
- CPU and Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Cards And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 And Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Maximizing Graphics Potential
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Performance Summary And Efficiency