Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 275 has an advantage in Stalker: Clear Sky versus the Radeon HD 4890. Worth noting, however, is the game’s support for DirectX 10.1, which ATI is able to utilize, while Nvidia does not. In this comparison, all cards are set to use DirectX 10.0 to keep performance comparison consistent.
With anti-aliasing enabled, the GeForce GTX 275 bests ATI’s Radeon HD 4890 at 1680x1050, ties it at 1920x1200, and gets trumped at 2560x1600. This performance slide seems related to frame buffer, as the GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 also slips in at seven frames per second, while even ATI’s Radeon HD 4870 1 GB scores close to 12. At that speed, performance is pretty much unplayable, though.
- The GeForce GTX 275’s Inner Workings
- Still Waiting On A Killer PhysX App?
- New Features In GeForce 185
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Left 4 Dead
- Benchmark Results: Stalker: Clear Sky
- Benchmark Results: Grant Theft Auto IV
- Benchmark Results: World in Conflict
- Benchmark Results: Sum Of All Games
- Power Consumption