Oddly, the GeForce GTX 275 jumps ahead of the 285 in Left 4 Dead—another likely artifact of testing Nvidia’s latest using the only available driver package supporting it. After all, we did see the 1680x1050 / 4xAA test bed post a seven frame increase versus GeForce driver 182.
At 1680x1050, the GeForce GTX 275 is still running faster than the GTX 285, but as the graphics load increases at higher resolutions, we see the results shift to more easily explainable numbers. Here, the GeForce GTX 275 slightly outstrips ATI’s Radeon HD 4890. Meanwhile, the Radeon HD 4870 1 GB and GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 trade blows.
- The GeForce GTX 275’s Inner Workings
- Still Waiting On A Killer PhysX App?
- New Features In GeForce 185
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Left 4 Dead
- Benchmark Results: Stalker: Clear Sky
- Benchmark Results: Grant Theft Auto IV
- Benchmark Results: World in Conflict
- Benchmark Results: Sum Of All Games
- Power Consumption