A heatpipe transfers heat from the front cooler to the second heatsink on the back of the card.
In operation the card does become hot, but never reaches critical temperatures. During the test we noticed no malfunctions caused by overheating, but to be on the safe side, for continuous operation we recommend a sufficiently well-ventilated case.
Gigabyte leaves enough room for motherboard components like northbridge coolers. The card fits into our Intel motherboard with no problem.
Another positive attribute of the NV66T128VP is the video input and output, and of course the SLI connection, obligatory for GeForce 6600 GT cards.
- Robust Mid-Range - GeForce 6600 Shootout
- GeForce 6600 Architecture
- GeForce 6600 Architecture, Continued
- AGP Or PCI Express?
- Comparing The Test Candidates
- Albatron Trinity PC6600U
- Albatron Trinity PC6600U, Continued
- Albatron Trinity PC6600GT
- Asus Extreme N6600GT (EN6600GT/TD/128M/A)
- Gainward Ultra/1960 PCX XP 128 MB "Golden Sample" GLH
- Gigabyte GV-NX66T128VP
- Gigabyte GV-NX66T128VP, Continued
- Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH Extreme Version
- MSI NX6600 VTD128E Diamond
- Hazards When Handling Graphics Cards
- Hazards When Handling Graphics Cards, Continued
- Test Setup
- Doom3 - High Quality
- Riddick - Escape From Butcher Bay - No AA/AF
- Half-Life 2 - No AA/AF