The MSI NX6600 VTD128E Diamond is the PCI Express version of the AGP version presented above. Externally, the card differs markedly from the AGP model. Apart from a different board layout, what first catches the eye is the contrasting cooler/heatsink. On the copper-colored heatsink, which also covers the memory module, MSI has installed a very quiet fan. The slot metal is colored gold.
As with the AGP version, the clock rates of 400/800 MHz for the graphics processor and memory are considerably higher than the default reference figures of 300/550 for a GeForce 6600 graphics card. In addition to the now obligatory TV output, the NX6600 VTD128E Diamond is also equipped with video inputs.
The fan runs silently.
Blue LEDs integrated in the cooling fan.
- Robust Mid-Range - GeForce 6600 Shootout
- GeForce 6600 Architecture
- GeForce 6600 Architecture, Continued
- AGP Or PCI Express?
- Comparing The Test Candidates
- Albatron Trinity PC6600U
- Albatron Trinity PC6600U, Continued
- Albatron Trinity PC6600GT
- Asus Extreme N6600GT (EN6600GT/TD/128M/A)
- Gainward Ultra/1960 PCX XP 128 MB "Golden Sample" GLH
- Gigabyte GV-NX66T128VP
- Gigabyte GV-NX66T128VP, Continued
- Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH Extreme Version
- MSI NX6600 VTD128E Diamond
- Hazards When Handling Graphics Cards
- Hazards When Handling Graphics Cards, Continued
- Test Setup
- Doom3 - High Quality
- Riddick - Escape From Butcher Bay - No AA/AF
- Half-Life 2 - No AA/AF