World in Conflict delivers solid performance across all of the cards, and while the minimum frame rate drops below 30, we need to keep in mind that a real-time strategy game doesn't need the same fluid frame rates as a first person shooter.
While the GeForce cards show an average frame rate advantage, the minimum frame rates are just as competitive on the Radeon models. The Super Clocked Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 manages the highest minimum frame rate in this title, almost achieving 30 FPS.
At 2560x1600, the minimum frame rates are almost identical across the board. The slight advantage in average frame rates demonstrated by the GeForce GTX 480 cards is less impressive, but the factory-overclocked Zotac AMP! edition card does boast a notable advantage here.
- Serious Contenders
- HIS HD 5870 iCooler V Turbo X
- Gigabyte GV-R587SO-1GD SUPER OVERCLOCK
- Zotac GeForce GTX 480 AMP! Edition
- Test System Setup, Benchmarks, And 3DMark
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Overclocking Benchmarks
- Power, Temperature, And Noise Benchmarks