This Gigabyte motherboard also features a Realtek ALC 889 High-Definition 7.1 surround sound audio chip, and the motherboard includes an optical output as well. The network adapter is also built around a Realtek chip, the RTL8110SC, but this interface is connected via the PCI bus. Our chosen motherboard also includes a Firewire chip from Texas Instruments: the TSB43AB3.
Internal Firewire header on the motherboard
Audio and network controller chips
The Southbridge offers connectors for up to four SATA and two IDE drives.
SATA hard drive connectors
- A New Desktop PC Power Consumption World Record: 61 Watts
- Power Delivery: Conventional A/C (120/230V) Or 16 Volts DC?
- Delivering 16 V DC From A Solar Panel
- Delivering 16 V DC From A Solar Panel, Continued
- Efficiency Is Where It's At
- Efficiency Is Where It's At, Continued
- Best Choice: AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350
- 1 Watt Active Cooling Takes Very Little Power
- Energy-saving Motherboard: Gigabyte With HDMI And DVI
- Energy-saving Motherboard: Gigabyte With HDMI And DVI, Continued
- Comparing Energy Draw: MSI Vs. Gigabyte
- Motherboard Comparison
- Measurements: Energy Consumption For Onboard Components
- Major Differences Among Hard Disks: WD Comes Out Best
- Comparing DVD Drives: Samsung Wins With 3.5 Watts Consumed
- The Monitor Is A Real Energy Hog: 23 Watts When In Use
- The Monitor Is A Real Energy Hog: 23 Watts When In Use, Continued
- 61-Watt Solar-Powered PC: Storage Batteries Allow Operation In The Dark
- 61-Watt Solar-Powered PC: Storage Batteries Allow Operation In The Dark, Continued