3D Mark 2000 demonstrates the Direct3D performance of DirectX 7 under Windows XP. The winner by a wide margin is the Intel P4/3600, with 17078 points. Freaks need special cooling and a patched graphics driver for this score!
DirectX 8 Games: 3D Mark 2001 SE
3D Mark 2001 demonstrates the Direct3D performance of DirectX 8 under Windows XP. The upshot of this test is that the P4 leads the field with 13,745 points. Off-the-shelf PC systems usually score 2000 points!
- Competition For AMD's "Hammer": P4 With 3.6 GHz And 3.33 GHz
- Intoxicated With Speed: AMD Athlon V. Intel P4
- Ride Like The Wind: P4/3600 With 533 MHz RDRAM
- Comparison Of All P4 CPUs
- Test Setup And Details
- Benchmarks Under Windows XP
- OpenGL Performance "Quake 3 Arena": Record With 416 Frames!
- DirectX 7 Games: 3D Mark 2000
- DirectX 8 Hardcore Game: Comanche 4
- MP3-Audio-Encoding: MP3 Maker Platinium
- SiSoft Sandra 2002 Benchmarks: CPU And Multimedia
- Multimedia Performance: PC Mark 2002
- Office/Internet Performance: Sysmark 2002
- Archiving: WinACE 2.2
- 3D Rendering: Cinema 4D XL 7.303
- 3D Rendering Performance: SPEC Viewperf 7
- Conclusion: 3.6 GHz P4 Outclasses The X86 World - Waiting For The AMD Hammer
- Update On Sep 12, 2002: The Picture Issue