The Momentus XT’s cache memory is designed to accelerate operations that are seen to happen repeatedly. Hence, it does not come as a surprise that the drive fails to accelerate the important 4 KB random operations.
CrystalDiskMark 4 KB Random Read/Write
512 KB Random Read/Write
- Seagate's Momentus XT Picks Up FAST Technology
- Momentus XT (ST750LX003) In Detail
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: CrystalDiskMark 4 KB And 512 KB Random Read/Write
- Benchmark Results: Iometer 4 KB Random Read/Write And Application Test Patterns
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Streaming Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark 7
- Benchmark Results: Windows 7 Boot/Shutdown And Application Launch
- Power Consumption Testing
- Momentus XT: Best Hard Drive Ever?