We used a Core 2 Duo E6850 on an Asus Blitz Formula motherboard for the application benchmark, since this is a more realistic environment for the application benchmark suite than our aged dual Xeon storage reference test system.
SYSmark 2007 Preview
The performance benefits of the HyperDrive 4 when compared to SanDisk's Flash SSD5000 or the WD Raptor WD1500 are tremendous, and we did not even dare running it in a RAID 0 setup using the Areca controller. These results were produced on a typical Core 2 Duo system on a P35 motherboard, rather than on our storage test system. The fascinating thing about the results is the performance boost, which is larger than any CPU or platform upgrade could ever hope to achieve.
- HyperDrive 4 - The Fastest Hard Disk In The World?
- Hard Drives, Flash Drives, RAM Drives
- The HyperDrive 4 By HyperOS / Accelerated Logic
- Inside The HyperDrive 4
- Solid State Drive Comparison Table
- Storage Benchmark Results
- Access Time
- Read Transfer Rates
- Windows XP Startup Performance (PCMark05)
- I/O Performance
- Application Benchmark Results
- Conclusion: HyperDrive 4 The Fastest Of Its Kind