The Matrix Storage Manager console is the place to manage your ICH RAID array(s).
The information screen will list all avialable drives.
On the second page, you have to select an array name and mode.
Page three deals with the selection of drives you want to become part of your new array.
The option to limit a RAID array to a certain capacity across all selected hard drives is only available on Intel systems. If you decide to use only a part of the total capacity, you can create a second RAID array using the remaining capacity.
All options can be set with a simple right-click.
It took our Intel-based Asus platform 25 minutes to initialize the array and the same amount of time to rebuild a degraded array.
- AMD, Intel, And Nvidia Southbridge Performance Analyzed
- AMD: SB750 Southbridge On The 790FX Chipset
- AMD RAID Creation
- Intel: ICH10R Southbridge On The X58 Express Chipset
- Intel RAID Creation
- Nvidia: 780a SLI MCP Integrated Chipset
- Nvidia RAID Creation And Rebuild
- Professional RAID: LSI MegaRAID SAS9260-8i
- Test Setup And SSD Details
- Benchmark Results: Access Time
- Benchmark Results: I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Bandwidth And Streaming
- Benchmark Results: Read/Write Throughput
- CPU Utilization And Conclusion