Moving away from the synthetic benchmarks, we welcome the opportunity to see how the Yoga 13 does in a more real-word environment. Of course, we continue to include the Dell XPS 12 as a comparison platform.
We start the process with the three most commonly used compression utilities and the time it takes to compress the same 2.01 GB file.
The Yoga 13 and XPS 12 numbers are pretty close in all three compression tools.
The following real-world tests involve popular applications that perform various media tasks.
All three media transcoding tests place the Yoga 13 behind the XPS 12 by completely insignificant amounts of time.
All four of Adobe's Creative Suite 6 tests yield almost identical results between the two systems, as does ABBYY's FineReader.
- The World's First Multi-Mode Ultrabook
- Exterior: First Impressions Are Important
- Keyboard, Touchpad, And Touchscreen
- Interior: Is Beauty Only Case Deep?
- Test System And Benchmark Suite
- Results: Synthetic Benchmarks
- Results: Real-World Benchmarks
- Results: Heat And Noise
- Results: Battery Life And Wi-Fi
- Viewing Angles, Gamma, And Luminance
- Color, Viewing Angles, And Monitor Rating
- Not Perfect, But Still A Great Value