I am very unhappy to let you know that I am still working on a server benchmarking setup and I'm also still waiting for several multi-threaded benchmarking software. Thus I had to come up with some own ideas on how to benchmark the Xeon CPU properly without this software. I will include server as well as workstation software benchmarks in the near future.
The used system consisted of the following components:
- Two Intel Pentium II Xeon CPUs
- Intel Marlinespike MS440GX Slot 2 Motherboard
- 128 MB Advantage Memory Corporation PC100 SDRAM
- Adaptec 2940UW SCSI Host Adapter
- IBM DGVS 09U SCSI HDD
- Diamond Fire GL 4000 PCI professional OpenGL graphics card for NT benchmarks
Diamond next generation professional pre-release OpenGL AGP graphics card (name and specs under non-disclosure) for NT benchmarks
Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro AGP graphics card for Windows 95 benchmarks
- Diamond Monster 3D 2 12 MB add-on 3D Card for Windows 95 Gaming Benchmarks
Winstone is a single threaded benchmark and thus doesn't show much of a difference between Pentium II and Pentium II Xeon. Viewperf is a single threaded OpenGL benchmark, which shows the same results as well.