Far Cry still runs better on an AMD system, thanks to the 785G chipset.
In Left 4 Dead, Intel’s new Core i5-661 can actually overtake AMD with a bang.
3DMark’s score says it all. The new CPU/GPU combo is much faster than Core 2 Duo and G45. Bear in mind that these are scores taken from the app's Entry suite, whereas yesterday's launch coverage employed the Performance preset. The point remains the same: you can do some very entry-level gaming with HD Graphics, but anything beyond medium/low settings and dismally-archaic resolutions will be beyond what integrated graphics can handle.
- Clarkdale Efficiency Analyzed
- Intel’s Clarkdale Processors
- Intel's Core i5-661 (Clarkdale) CPU
- Clarkdale Platform: H55 (Intel DH55TC)
- Lining Up The Competition: AMD Athlon/Phenom II X2 And Intel Core 2 Duo
- AMD Platform: 785G (Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H)
- Intel Platform: G45 (Intel DG45ID)
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Games And 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Power Consumption
- Efficiency Results