We didn’t find many performance benefits when converting digital audio into Apple’s format. We’ve been using this rather old version for the sake of comparable results. You see the processor benchmarks in our CPU charts soon.
Lame seems to be faster mainly because of Turbo Boost.
MainConcept shows significant performance gains, while DivX and Xvid transcoding scale rather linearly.
- Clarkdale Efficiency Analyzed
- Intel’s Clarkdale Processors
- Intel's Core i5-661 (Clarkdale) CPU
- Clarkdale Platform: H55 (Intel DH55TC)
- Lining Up The Competition: AMD Athlon/Phenom II X2 And Intel Core 2 Duo
- AMD Platform: 785G (Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H)
- Intel Platform: G45 (Intel DG45ID)
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Games And 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Power Consumption
- Efficiency Results