Page 1:Clarkdale Efficiency Analyzed
Page 2:Intel’s Clarkdale Processors
Page 3:Intel's Core i5-661 (Clarkdale) CPU
Page 4:Clarkdale Platform: H55 (Intel DH55TC)
Page 5:Lining Up The Competition: AMD Athlon/Phenom II X2 And Intel Core 2 Duo
Page 6:AMD Platform: 785G (Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H)
Page 7:Intel Platform: G45 (Intel DG45ID)
Page 8:Test Setup
Page 9:Benchmark Results: Synthetics
Page 10:Benchmark Results: Games And 3DMark Vantage
Page 11:Benchmark Results: Applications
Page 12:Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
Page 13:Power Consumption
Page 14:Efficiency Results
Benchmark Results: Synthetics
Sandra shows signficantly improved computing power for the Core i5-661 at 3.33 GHz, but this doesn’t necessarily reflect real-world applications. However, have a look at the encryption benchmark results, which are much accelerated on the new Clarkdale CPU.
This is one of the most amazing results. Thanks to Intel’s six additional instructions accelerating AES encryption and decryption, the performance boost is almost 12x when compared to the Core 2 Duo E8600. Keep in mind that we did not have to modify or update the benchmark to get these results.
The encryption score is similarly high, although SHA is not supported.
The increased memory bandwidth is most likely a result of the on-package memory controller (which, in turn, isn't as effective as Lynnfield's on-die memory controller).
PCMark Vantage also shows decent performance gains for the Core i5 versus the Core 2 Duo processor at the same nominal clock speed. Keep in mind that Core i5 takes advantage of its Turbo Boost feature, which lifts the CPU to a maximum of 3.60 GHz.
- Clarkdale Efficiency Analyzed
- Intel’s Clarkdale Processors
- Intel's Core i5-661 (Clarkdale) CPU
- Clarkdale Platform: H55 (Intel DH55TC)
- Lining Up The Competition: AMD Athlon/Phenom II X2 And Intel Core 2 Duo
- AMD Platform: 785G (Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H)
- Intel Platform: G45 (Intel DG45ID)
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Games And 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Power Consumption
- Efficiency Results