Conformance Composite Grade
Chrome 23 is the winner under both versions of Windows, with an extra point in Windows 8. Opera 12.10 places second, a single point ahead of third-place finisher Firefox 16. IE10 falls into last, though its Windows 8 performance is significantly better than its best IE9-based effort.
The charts below contain results of the individual standards conformance benchmarks.
Predictably, IE10 gains a lot of ground over IE9 in standards conformance. Chrome 23 also picks up extra points in Windows 8 over Windows 7. Firefox and Opera show only a slight advantage for Windows 8 in Ecmascript's Language test262.
- Windows 8: Is Web Browsing Any Different?
- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera
- Test Setup And Benchmark Suite
- Load Times
- HTML5 And CSS Performance
- Hardware Acceleration Performance
- Plug-In Performance
- Memory Efficiency
- Reliability And Security
- Standards Conformance
- The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!