Numerous templates can be downloaded from the LightScribe homepage.
In addition to the classic Nero software by Ahead there are a number of other different and interesting programs that support LightScribe. A complete and regularly updated list as well as special templates for use with this labeling technology can be found on the LightScribe homepage.
Printing Labels With Ahead's Nero
Not all Nero versions function with LightScribe
Nero can be used to produce data CDs and DVDs of all kinds. Utilizing the LightScribe function, however, is not always possible. The version included in our test sample was not recognized by the LightScribe driver. Updating to version 7 was without success. Only after completely reinstalling Windows-XP and the latest Nero 7 (with 107 MB) was it possible to burn and imprint the first disc. Imprinting the upper side with LightScribe takes about twice as long as the data side. The three quality levels Nero features take almost the same amount of time, so that it is best to always use the highest quality printing setting. It doesn't matter much whether it takes 20 or 30 minutes.
Editor's note: LightScribe drivers that do work with older Nero versions are now provided on the Nero Website. These files are also necessary for the other label printing programs if not included with the purchase of the burner.
- DVD Burners For Label Design
- LightScribe: Burn, Flip, Burn
- Software Packages That Support LightScribe
- SW: Cyberlink DVD Solution - The Complete Package
- SW: Droppix Recorder - An Intriguing Burner Software Alternative
- Droppix Recorder, Continued
- SW: SureThing CD/DVD Labeler - Professional Label Designer
- Labelflash: A Proprietary NEC Product
- Labeling With Labelflash Using Nero
- Blank Disc
- LightScribe And Labelflash Journals