Optimised vanes ensure quiet operation with strong air flow.
The fan was so quiet during the test that we could only tell that it was running by actually looking at the spinning propellers. Noise Control provides several resistor cables with the cooler so that varying revolution speeds can be chosen depending on the CPU's clock rate.
The contact area of the Silverado to the processor consists of 50 grams of pure silver.
One distinctive feature is the contact area to the processor, which is made of 50 grams pure silver: The material is so soft that the CPU die is not damaged if the cooler gets jammed on the processor. Additionally included in delivery are four spacers to optimise heat transfer in AMD Athlon and Duron CPUs. The supplied installation manual is written in simple language and focuses on the essentials. All in all, the Silverado is the winner of our test, though it does not produce the highest cooling efficiency.
Included in the Silverado package is a total of six different resistor cables to adjust the number of revolutions.
- New Coolers For Extreme Tuning - Target: 2000 MHz
- Test Results In Detail: CPU Load At 100 Percent
- Effective Cooling Temperature Range: Between 30°C And 54°C
- Noise Level: Silverado In Whisper Mode
- Total Weight: Swiftech - A Heavyweight At 789 Grams!
- Thermal Resistance C/W: Double Victory For Swiftech
- Fan Revolutions: From 3300 Rpm To 6700 Rpm
- Looking At The New Test Candidates
- 3DFX Cool Socket-AHO-Fan: Upper Midfield, Continued
- TRIG T40-1 And T40-3: Too Much Tension In The Latch Spring
- Noise Control Silverado: 50 Grams Of Pure Silver
- Noise Control Silverado: 50 Grams Of Pure Silver, Continued
- P Alpha: Three-hole Base For A Perfect Fit
- Swiftech MC462: Best Cooling Ability For Overclocking
- Swiftech MC462: Best Cooling Ability For Overclocking, Continued
- Thermal Take Super Orb: Much More Appearance Than Reality!
- Thermal Take Super Orb: Much More Appearance Than Reality! Continued
- Summary: A Comparison Of All 23 Fans
- Design Guide By AMD: Interaction With The PC Case
- Conclusion: The Silverado Is The Technological Highlight