Forget the word Nitrogon in your product searches, as most vendors refer to SilverStone’s latest low-profile cooler simply as the NT06-Pro. Designed to hold two fans, the single included fan complies with the low-profile requirements of many builders. Today, that includes us.
An intricate mounting kit includes a separate screw set for LGA 2011, cross brackets for Intel and AMD sockets, extension screws and spacers, a socket support plate for all compatible sockets except LGA 2011, and a spacer for boards that don’t have a built-in support plate (LGA 775).
SilverStone sands the NT06-Pro’s copper base to an ultra-smooth finish before plating the entire cooler in corrosion-resistant nickel. Short fins above the base provide access for mounting screws.
The NT06-Pro uses a variant of carriage-bolt design to prevent turning of the mounting screws in its base plate. The plate has holes for LGA 775, 1150/1155/1156, 1366, and the four-hole rectangular pattern used to hold AMD’s specified clip brackets.
- Eight Low-Profile Heat Sinks For Your Compact PC
- Gamer Storm Gabriel
- Gabriel Installation
- Noctua NH-L12
- NH-L12 Installation
- Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Revision B
- Big Shuriken 2 Revision B Installation
- SilenX EFZ-100HA2
- EFZ-100HA2 Installation
- SilverStone Nitrogon NT06-Pro
- Nitrogon NT06-Pro Installation
- Thermalright AXP-200 And AXP-200R
- AXP-200R Installation
- Xigmatek Janus
- Janus Installation
- Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet
- CNPS8900 Quiet Installation
- Test Settings And Methodology
- Results: Cooling And Fan Speed
- Results: Noise And Acoustic Efficiency
- Cooling Value
- The Best Cooler For Compact Systems?