Does anyone remember flower-style coolers? Few of us would claim to be old enough, though some may have forgotten about this design. Fortunately, it still has some merit.
Low manufacturing cost of this sheet-aluminum design is probably the biggest benefit of SilenX’s EFZ-100HA2. After all, easier manufacturing leads to a supremely-attractive $15 retail price.
Smashing those fins tightly together allows SilenX to machine a smooth surface upon the EFZ-100HA2’s base. Aluminum rivets hold it all together.
Designed to clip onto AMD’s Socket 462, the manufacturer must have been thrilled when AMD decided to keep those clips for generation-after-generation of AM and FM interfaces. SilenX adds an adapter bracket for LGA 775 and LGA 1156, and must have been similarly thrilled when Intel decided to keep the 1156 hole spacing for LGA 1155 and 1150. Locking pins sit in oval holes to allow the builder to select between LGA 775 and LGA 115x compatibility.
- Eight Low-Profile Heat Sinks For Your Compact PC
- Gamer Storm Gabriel
- Gabriel Installation
- Noctua NH-L12
- NH-L12 Installation
- Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Revision B
- Big Shuriken 2 Revision B Installation
- SilenX EFZ-100HA2
- EFZ-100HA2 Installation
- SilverStone Nitrogon NT06-Pro
- Nitrogon NT06-Pro Installation
- Thermalright AXP-200 And AXP-200R
- AXP-200R Installation
- Xigmatek Janus
- Janus Installation
- Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet
- CNPS8900 Quiet Installation
- Test Settings And Methodology
- Results: Cooling And Fan Speed
- Results: Noise And Acoustic Efficiency
- Cooling Value
- The Best Cooler For Compact Systems?