Mozilla WebGL FishIE Tank
We reduced the number of fish in this test to 2000 due to the more limited graphics hardware on the MacBook Air.
Firefox leads Chrome by 21 FPS in Windows 7, while Google holds a ten-frame lead over Mozilla in Mac OS X.
Strangely, Chrome did not display any fish in Mac OS X, though the frame rate fluctuated as if the test was working properly. While this benchmark puts Chrome in the lead on OS X, we have to consider this odd behavior in our final analysis.
Google WebGL Solar System
Firefox again has the edge over Chrome in Windows 7, this time by 5 FPS. Firefox manages to take the gold in Mac OS X, again leading Chrome by nearly five frames per second.
When both WebGL tests are averaged, Firefox has a clear lead in Windows 7, while Chrome has the advantage in Mac OS X by 1 FPS.
- Web Browser Grand Prix VIII
- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, And Safari
- WBGP VIII Test Setup
- Startup Time Performance Benchmarks
- Page Load Time Performance Benchmarks
- DOM And CSS Performance Benchmarks
- Flash Performance Benchmarks
- Java And Silverlight Performance Benchmarks
- HTML5 Performance Benchmarks
- Harware Acceleration Performance Benchmarks
- WebGL Performance Benchmarks
- Memory Usage Efficiency Benchmarks
- Memory Management Efficiency Benchmarks
- Page Load Reliability Benchmarks
- Standards Conformance Benchmarks
- Benchmark Analysis
- Crowning Two Champions In Windows 7 And OS X