Mozilla Dromeao DOM
As usual, Opera for Windows destroys the competition in the Dromeao DOM benchmark. Mozilla's own browser claims second place. Google earns a close third-place finish, while Apple Safari takes fourth, about 500 points behind Chrome. IE9 again places last by another 500 points behind Safari.
Firefox 9 takes the lead in Mac OS X, scoring even higher than its Windows version. Chrome takes second place and Safari takes third, which, like Firefox, also performs better than in Windows 7. Oddly enough, Opera for OS X places last, 1100 points lower than the Windows version!
Microsoft Maze Solver
Apple Safari earns first place in Microsoft's Maze Solver CSS benchmark, with the OS X version achieving the best cross-platform score. Google Chrome is right behind in second place with a difference of only 0.2-0.3 seconds. Opera takes third place by finishing in 11 seconds in Windows 7 and 20 in OS X. IE9 places fourth at just under 15 seconds. And Firefox performs horribly, taking well over one minute, placing last on both platforms.
- Web Browser Grand Prix VIII
- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, And Safari
- WBGP VIII Test Setup
- Startup Time Performance Benchmarks
- Page Load Time Performance Benchmarks
- DOM And CSS Performance Benchmarks
- Flash Performance Benchmarks
- Java And Silverlight Performance Benchmarks
- HTML5 Performance Benchmarks
- Harware Acceleration Performance Benchmarks
- WebGL Performance Benchmarks
- Memory Usage Efficiency Benchmarks
- Memory Management Efficiency Benchmarks
- Page Load Reliability Benchmarks
- Standards Conformance Benchmarks
- Benchmark Analysis
- Crowning Two Champions In Windows 7 And OS X