Creation of a PDF document from a 100+ page PowerPoint file takes quite some time, and it's quickest on the Intel dual-cores, since the app isn't very well threaded.
Photoshop is well-optimized for multiple threads, allowing AMD’s Phenom II X4 905e to compete with the Intel dual-core CPUs.
WinRAR is thread-optimized, but it doesn’t run as well on AMD's quad-core model as it does on Intel's dual-core chips.
WinZip is single-threaded. Since Intel pairs high clock speeds with more performance per clock, it dominates here.
- Can Downsized Mini-ITX Platforms Do The Job?
- AMD Platform: Sapphire IPC-AM3DD785G (AMD 785G)
- Intel Platform: Zotac H55-ITX WiFi (Intel H55 Express)
- AMD Processors: Athlon II X2, Phenom II X3, And X4
- Intel Processors: Core i3-530 And Core i5-661
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: Single-Thread Efficiency
- Benchmark Results: Multi-Thread Efficiency
- Benchmark Results: Overall Power Efficiency