Adobe Photoshop is optimized for multi-core processors, yet multi-threaded applications get the least help from Intel's Turbo Boost technology. The mobile processor’s lower non-Turbo frequency hurts it moderately here.
3ds Max shows the same performance pattern as Photoshop, so you’ll probably want at least a desktop processor to create an animation with it.
We were looking for any non-gaming application that stumbled under CrossFire, and AVG is the one benchmark that does. Unfortunately, that one benchmark has often been inconsistent about its hardware favoritism.
The moderate performance penalty previously perceived on mobile processors applies to both WinRAR and 7-Zip.
- A Leopard That Changes Its Spots
- Leopard Skin (External Features)
- Leopard Guts
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Modern Warfare 2 And Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Power And Battery Life