The access time test is dominated by Samsung and Toshiba.
It seems that only the Toshiba GSX and Seagate Momentus 5400 were optimized for I/O performance. The two other drives fall behind a bit. Samsung’s Spinpoint M7E in particular isn’t strong at I/O-intensive activity.
- Notebook Hard Drives Closing In On 1TB
- Samsung Spinpoint M7E HM641JI (640GB)
- Seagate Momentus 5400 (640GB)
- Toshiba MK6465GSX (640GB)
- Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD7500BPVT (750GB)
- Test Setup And Comparison Table
- Throughput Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Interface
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Application Performance
- Benchmark Results: Power And Efficiency