Four ports are available. In the event of a hardware problem, NVIDIA's Disk Alert system, which is part of the NVRAID manager, is able to clearly show which hard drive failed.
NVIDIA is the first chipset company that actually implemented a full-featured Serial ATA II controller. Features include:
- 3 GBit/s or 300 MB/s data transfer per port
- Hot swapping support
- Native command queuing support
While Serial ATA II is not yet required in terms of single hard drive bandwidth, the faster standard could emerge as useful when combined with port multipliers, which allow two drives to be operated using one port.
The NVRAID utility allows for monitoring and administration of RAID arrays.
- NVIDIA Rushes Into PCI Express With nForce4
- nForce4 Facts
- nForce4 Facts, Continued
- nForce4, nForce4 Ultra, nForce4 SLI
- SATA: 4 Ports At 3 GBit/s
- NVIDIA NTune For Enthusiasts
- Processor: Athlon64 FX-55
- The Board
- BIOS Screenshots
- SLI To Come!
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results
- DirectX 9
- Synthetic, Continued