Google V8 Benchmark v5
As always, Google places first in its V8 benchmark. But this time it's 200 ms behind the browser's Windows 7 score. Opera earns a close second, just 350 points behind Chrome. At over 2100 points in Ubuntu, Opera comes very close to its Windows 7 score of 2210. Firefox flounders in third with fewer than 200 points, almost half of what Mozilla's browser received in Windows.
In the JSBenchmark, Opera 10.60 finally achieves a solid victory over its arch-rival for speed, Google Chrome. The Norwegian browser gets a score just under 300, while Chrome only bags 233 points. However, Chrome's Windows 7 score is still the highest in this benchmark (about 100 points higher than its second-place Ubuntu finish). Firefox earns just over 90 points, thirty less than in Windows 7.
Barely edging out Google Chrome by four points, Opera on Ubuntu still can't match Chrome's Windows 7 score of 290. Mozilla Firefox again comes in last, only managing half of what it earned in Windows 7.
- System Specs, Setup, And Methodology
- Benchmark Results: Startup Times
- Benchmark Results: Page Load Times
- Benchmark Results: DOM And Peacekeeper
- Benchmark Results: HTML5
- Benchmark Results: Flash
- Benchmark Results: Java And Moonlight
- Benchmark Results: Memory Usage
- Benchmark Results: Memory Management
- Benchmark Results: Standards Testing
- Final Results: Linux Placing