Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L
Without the need to change to a CrossFire-ready motherboard, we again chose the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L P45 because of its performance, value, and overclocking-friendly features.
An all-solid capacitor design, dual BIOS, and Dynamic Energy Saver technology are some this board's other highlights. An available mail-in rebate could have brought the cost another $15.
Memory: G.SKILL HK 4GB DDR2 800
This G.Skill PC2-6400 was the most affordable 4 GB kit available with 4-4-4-12 timings. It has aluminum heat spreaders, is rated at 1.8-1.9 V, and is backed by a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
- Higher FPS
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Unreal Tournament 3
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict And Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption