This quarter's original $2000 build revealed an odd DiRT 3 performance result that we thought might be associated with memory bandwidth. Equipped with four channels of DDR3-2133, that same configuration again takes leadership in DiRT 3’s High Quality preset using medium resolutions.
But those aren’t the target screen sizes for today’s test. Today's SLI-equipped alternative build charges through 2560x1600 and 5760x1080, which the original $2000 machine barely passes.
- Opening The Floodgates: 5760x1080 And More Graphics
- Budget Stretchers: The Motherboard And Power Supply
- Economizers: CPU, CPU Cooler, And RAM
- Breaking Point: Graphics Cards And Case
- SSD, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Building Our Graphics-Oriented Beast
- CPU And GPU Overclocking
- Overclocked System and Benchmark Configurations
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Which $2000 Machine Is Right For You?